SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BSc / BTech Civil engineering with Professional registration as a Pr Eng or Pr Tech.
- Masters degree in Civil Engineering would be advantageous.
- COTO Certified Bridge inspector or willingness to obtain certification.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the consulting engineering industry.
- Post graduate experience of at least 5-10 years in the design of large Bridges, Freeway interchanges and related transportation structures.
- Has independently designed bridges and independently assumed a bridge engineer’s role.
- Familiar with Bridge Design Standards of SANRAL and Local Government Departments.
- Sound knowledge of both Structural Steel and Reinforced Concrete Bridge Design.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, MS Projects, AutoCAD, CADS RC, Revit, Prokon ,Midas and other relevant design software.
- Extensive experience in the use of NEC, FIDIC, JBCC and GCC contracts advantageous.
- Administrative and human resource management experience.
- Strong technical ability.
- Good time management skills, pro-active, practical and dedicated.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills coupled with a sense of urgency and a participative management style.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a dynamic team as a co-operative, collaborative and supportive team player.
- Experience in business development activities within the industry.
- Have a keen eye for detail and work accurately under pressure.
- Deadline driven.
- Willingness and the ability to travel locally and in the continent for extended periods of time as and when required.
- Provide support and involved with all marketing, business development and management of this specific area of Bridges and Transportation Structures for the business unit.
- Participate in professional organizations for marketing, industry recognition and networking.
- Carry out research, compile relevant data, evaluation of the technical and financial aspects, complete with cost estimates and budget quotations for structural engineering proposals.
- Manage Engineers, Technologists, Technicians and site staff throughout the Planning, Design, Tender, Implementation and Close Out stages of various Bridges and Transportation Structures projects.
- Conduct research and carry out Feasibility Studies.
- Responsible for leading a specific area of the business unit in Bridges and Transportation Structures.
- Responsible for all technical aspects, for Bridges and Transportation Structures, including investigation and design, field assessments, preparation of tender documentation and cost estimates.
- Preparation of technical reports and design reports.
- Keeping abreast with technology development and research in the field of Bridges and Transportation Structures.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the production of technical drawings, designs and reporting inputs by supporting staff.
- Client liaison, including meetings and reporting.
- Manage the technical outputs of direct reports.
- Management and supervision of direct reports.
- Compliance with and managing direct report’s compliance with the company’s Quality Management System (ISO9001:2015) Business Management System (BMS) and the Project Management Online Guide (PMOG).
- Preparation of requests for proposals, expressions of interests, panel applications and tenders and generate work for the Company.
- Procure and manage specialist sub-service providers on projects.
- Management of projects and monitoring of performance and profitability.
- Construction monitoring and implementation of site construction work as and when required, on a part-time or full-time basis.
- Prepare tender documentation and manage procurement of contractors on projects.
- Contract administration on projects as and when required.
- Mentor graduate engineers, technologists and technicians.
- Maintain regular and continued professional development through on the job training, in-house courses, seminars or outsourced specialist training as required and as agreed.
Achievement of objectives will be measured and reviewed during the annual staff appraisal.
Appointments will be made in line with the requirements of the Mariswe Employment Equity Plan with particular focus on black South African citizens. In particular, the policy aims to combine the Company’s commitment to transformation and to attract and retain key employees within a flexible framework which can accommodate the varied circumstances under which the Company is required to hire staff. Applications from disabled candidates is encouraged.
REF. NO. STRUCTURES_LEAD_ENGINEER_NOV2023
CLOSING DATE: 12 DECEMBER 2023
For queries: Contact Bashni Harry: firstname.lastname@example.org