RESIDENT ENGINEER, KIDD’S BEACH-EASTERN CAPE
Reporting directly to the Contract’s Engineer
Project: Upgrading of R72 Section 4 and MR501 Intersection – Kidd’s Beach at Km 42.08
Location: Kidd’s Beach near East London
Limited Duration Contract of 12 months starting In May 2023
SKILLs & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BSc/BEng or BTech in civil engineering.
- Registration with ECSA as a Pr Eng or Pr Tech Eng with minimum 10 years relevant experience.
- Knowledgeable in terms of general roadbuilding materials, construction techniques, major concrete works (specifically relating to bridges) and general contract supervision / administration.
- Knowledgeable in terms of FIDIC General Condition of Contract for Construction Works (1999) and COTO Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Works (October 2020 Edition).
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Detail and process orientated.
- Punctual and professional.
- Effective time management with the ability to follow through.
- Good rapport with stakeholders and an energetic approach to work.
- Manage day-to-day construction monitoring of the project.
- Manage a team of Engineer’s site personnel.
- Oversee operations and activities of the site laboratory.
- Monitor and report on training, empowerment, OHS and environmental issues.
- Oversee operations and activities of the acceptance quality control.
- Issuing instructions and drawings to the contractor, co-ordinate and inspect the execution of the Works by the contractor.
- Prepare and issue Variation Orders.
- Measure, check and control quantities and issue certificates for payment to the Client.
- Report and track progress, compile estimates and forecasts.
- Implement and maintain the Quality Management System.
- Compile completion and taking-over Certificates, as-built records and plans and completion report.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Contract’s Engineer.
- Applicants must either reside in the East London area or in close proximity to the project (within a 50km radius of Kidd’s Beach).
Appointments will be made in line with the requirements of the Mariswe Employment Equity Plan with particular focus on black South African citizens. In particular, the policy aims to combine the Company’s commitment to transformation and to attract and retain key employees within a flexible framework which can accommodate the varied circumstances under which the Company is required to hire staff. Applications from disabled candidates is encouraged.
REF. NO. RE_KIDDSBEACH_MARCH23
CLOSING DATE: 16 MARCH 2023
For queries: Contact Bashni Harry: firstname.lastname@example.org