SENIOR ENGINEER / TECHNOLOGIST WATER SERVICES, PRETORIA-GAUTENG
Reporting directly to the Executive Manager: Water and Sanitation – Inland Provinces
QUALIFICATIONS AND REGISTRATION
- Recognised BSc / BEng or BTech degree in civil engineering. Masters degree in civil engineering will be advantageous.
- Registered Pr Eng/ Pr Tech Eng with ECSA. Candidates with the required experience and who are close (less than 12 months) to submitting their professional registration application will be considered as an Engineer / Technologist Water Services.
- Experience as set out below, in a private consulting practice in RSA.
- Additional qualifications / memberships, which are advantageous:
i. Working Knowledge of GCC/ FIDIC / NEC / JBCC
ii. Active member in CESA/SAICE/WISA
iii. NQF7 (labour-based construction)
iv. Pr CPM and/or PMP.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 5-10 years’ experience in the water and sanitation field, extensively involved in detail design with experience in leading a design team.
- Sound experience and technical capacity in municipal projects specifically in the evaluation, planning, design and construction of pump stations, water reticulation, sewer reticulation, bulk pipelines, canals and storm water management.
- Experience in hydrology and determination of flood lines.
- Proficient in various water, sewer and stormwater computer aided design packages such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, iDAS (or Civil Designer), HEC-RAS, EPANET, Pipe2000 and WaterCAD.Knowledge and ability to operate AcrGIS, StormCAD, WADISO, and Sanitary Analysis (SSA) will be advantageous.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision, supervise, mentor and lead a design team.
- Additional experience, which will be advantageous:
i. Preparation of construction tenders and contracts.
ii. General knowledge of water and wastewater treatment plants.
iii. Working knowledge of GCC, FIDIC or NEC.
iv. Experience as Technical Advisor in PPP projects.
Previous experience of working with international funding agencies such as EU, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, EBRD and/or experience of working with NGOs.
- Detail design of water and sanitation projects.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the production of technical drawings, design and reporting inputs by supporting staff.
- Carry out, oversee, evaluate Preliminary and Detailed Design for water supply, urban and rural water reticulation systems, pump stations rising mains and pipework for reservoirs.
- Carry out Preliminary and Detailed Design for water retention facilities, stormwater drains, flood control facilities, or other hydraulic structure, urban sewer reticulation systems, combined sewer overflow facilities, outfalls, pump stations and rising mains.
- Prepare, oversee and evaluate Tender and Contract Documents including detailed Specifications, Special Conditions of Contract and Bills of Quantities.
- Undertake hydrological investigations, reports and determine flood lines.
- Preparation of requests for proposals, expressions of interests, panel applications and tenders and generate work for the Company.
- Manage, train and mentor technical staff.
- Check all drawings, designs, reports and documents produced in accordance with the Company’s Quality Management System’s requirements as set out in the applicable work instructions and checklists.
- Management of projects to ensure that they are controlled, adhering to quality standards and budget, and are on time and ensure that project deliverables meet clients’ requirements.
- Financial management of own projects and monitoring of performance and profitability and with regular liaison and reporting to line manager and business unit manager.
- Compliance with and managing direct reports compliance with the company’s Quality Management System (ISO9001:2015) Business Management System (BMS) and the Project Management Online Guide (PMOG).
Appointments will be made in line with the requirements of the Mariswe Employment Equity Plan with particular focus on black South African citizens. In particular, the policy aims to combine the Company’s commitment to transformation and to attract and retain key employees within a flexible framework which can accommodate the varied circumstances under which the Company is required to hire staff. Applications from disabled candidates is encouraged.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND WATER & SANITATION EXPERIENCE MUST APPLY
REF. NO. RW_SNR_ENG_TECH_MARCH2023
CLOSING DATE: 31 MARCH 2023
For queries: Contact Bashni Harry: firstname.lastname@example.org