SENIOR MATERIALS TECHNICIAN, KIDD’S BEACH-EASTERN CAPE
Reporting directly to the Resident Engineer
Project: Upgrading of R72 Section 4 and MR501 Intersection – Kidd’s Beach at Km 42.08
Location: Kidd’s Beach near East London
Limited Duration Contract of 12 months starting In May 2023
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of 20 years relevant experience as a Senior Materials Technician in charge of construction materials on large roads projects OR;
- National Diploma or B Tech degree in civil engineering with registration as a Professional Technician or Professional Technologist with ECSA or any other recognised body and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in construction materials on large road projects.
- Experience on rehabilitation and improvement projects on surfaced roads is essential.
- Experience on SANRAL/ Provincial Government roads projects will be an advantage.
- Good administrative and report writing skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Office and MS Excel.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Deadline driven.
- Carry out site inspections and other assigned construction monitoring activities in accordance with the Company’s Quality Management System’s requirements as set out in the applicable work instructions and checklists.
- Manage materials for design and during construction.
- Visual inspection and assessment of completed work.
- Measuring, calculation and verification of construction materials quantities on site.
- Monitor compliance and acceptance of control requirements.
- Manage interface with on- and/or off-site materials laboratory.
- Compliance with and managing direct reports compliance with the company’s Quality Management System (ISO9001:2015) Business Management System (BMS) and the Project Management Online Guide (PMOG).
- Other duties as assigned by the Resident Engineer.
- Applicants must either reside in the East London area or in close proximity to the project (within a 50km radius of Kidd’s Beach).
Appointments will be made in line with the requirements of the Mariswe Employment Equity Plan with particular focus on black South African citizens. In particular, the policy aims to combine the Company’s commitment to transformation and to attract and retain key employees within a flexible framework which can accommodate the varied circumstances under which the Company is required to hire staff. Applications from disabled candidates is encouraged.
REF. NO. SMT_KIDDSBEACH_MARCH23
CLOSING DATE: 16 MARCH 2023
For queries: Contact Bashni Harry: email@example.com