Mariswe is 100% employee owned with 60.34% of its employees having direct ownership whilst 39.66 % of its employees are direct shareholding beneficiaries of trusts. Black employees own 51.57% of the firm, while 28.26% is owned by women and 20.85% by black women.
Mariswe is a Level 1 B-BBEE Contributor status under the Amended Construction Sector Codes of Good Practice.
This achievement has a lot to do with Mariswe’s changing shareholding strategy in which shareholders are becoming younger and more diverse in terms of race and gender. Mariswe’s reputation as a firm that upskills its employees through in-house mentoring and training is attracting motivated young employees and an internal Leadership Development Programme was launched in 2019.
The firm’s national Nurture a Girl initiative for teenage girls in their final years of school, giving learners social support including mentorship and counselling.
Mariswe is registered with the following professional organisations:
• The Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA);
• Consulting Engineers South Africa (CESA);
• The South African Road Federation (SARF);
• The Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa (IMESA);
• The Water Institute of Southern Africa (WISA);
• Black Business Council of the Built Environment (BBBCBE);
• South African Black Technical and Allied Careers Organization (SABTACO);
• South African Institute of Black Property Practitioners (SAIBPP).