The project aimed to ensure an integrated and co-ordinated approach to planning activities that would result in meeting specific water services delivery targets. It included developing project feasibility studies, conducting national water services knowledge management and strategic information roll-up products, and supporting linkages between all DWS programmes and sector support strategies.
The objectives of the appointment included:
• Communication between national and provincial strategic committees;
• Coordinating PEP budgets and financial management of projects;
• Project administrative support to the Manager: Planning and Information;
• Presentations, guidelines and reports relevant to the programme;
• Client liaison;
• Workshop planning and co-ordination;
• Reviewing quality of water services reference framework data;
• Identifying requirements for further investigation in data acquisition and data structures;
• Assistance in data alignment of Census 2011, All Town Studies, WSA WSDP data, etc;
• Assistance in the national investigation into functionality of water services schemes;
• Assistance in preparing national strategic reports on water services challenges;
• Assistance in developing specific projects based on provincial level master plans.